Chapelle Notre Dame du Kreisker
The “Chapelle du Kreisker” (14th-15th century) with its spire nearly 80m tall, has the tallest spire and is the most beautiful “clocher à jour” in Brittany.
Its many dozen openings protect it from high winds. IT was rebuilt after the 1375 fire, thanks to an English architect.
Until the 17th century, the building was the municipal chapel where the deliberations of the body of the city took place. Then, until the French Revolution, when the bells were taken down, both chapels of the Grand Seminary and the College of Léon. In 1806, the Kreisker was attached anew to the College of Léon which became the Institution Notre-Dame du KReisker in the 20th century.
In 1972, the Kreisker became the parish chapel. Looking over the balustrade, one can enjoy an incomparable panoramic view of the Léon area, having climbed the 174 steps.
The north porch dates from the th century and is built in an all the elegance of the Flamboyant Gothic Style. In the past, bishops would dismount from their mules an go through this entrance when they would arrive to take take possession of their episcopal seat.