Manoir de Tronjoly
The Manor House of Tronjoly is a brilliant one that gave inspiration for the famous “Château de Kermellec” in the comic strip “L’Epervier”.
Built in the XVIth Century by the Kergoët family, Situated on the bank of a hill, the Manor of Tronjoly, the name of which means “nice valley”, was designed according to a typical manor plan in the Léon area.
The east wing, the oldest one and finished by its mullioned windows, began in 1535. The seigneurial lodging is a classic time piece with its triangular in a semicircle roof dormers. The west wing rebuilt in the XVIIth Century is a classic time part. The terrace provided with a balustrade closes the courtyard. In the corner of the terrace, the chapel was rebuilt during the XIXth Century.
Private property, Free access to outside grounds (park and chapel) only.
July-August : Free guided visits (outside) of the Manor House (Information in the part “Agenda” of the website).
European Heritage Days : Guided visits (inside/outside) of the Manor House (Information in the part “Agenda” of the website).
Spoken languages : French